My laptop has XP, and I installed Oracle 8i Personal Edition and Oracle Form Builder 6i. SQL*PLUS works fine, but...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
every time I try to connect to my database in Procedure Builder, the error "PDE-POCO11 ORA-12203: TNS: unable to connect to the destination" pops up. So can you tell how to solve this problem? Thanks.
This typically happens when the listener that you try to contact (defined by the server and port in your TNSNAMES.ORA file for that TNS alias) is not listening for the database you defined for that TNS alias. Either that, or the listener is not listening for the correct ORACLE_HOME. Make sure that your TNSNAMES.ORA and LISTENER.ORA files are correct on your workstation and server respectively.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.