I'm running out of space and trying to get more by all means. I did not have room to rebuild the index, and I kept...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
getting "ORA-1652 unable to extent temp segment by 1025 in tablespace. So I dropped the index and tried to recreate it. Now I get "ORA-1630 max # extents (249) reached in temp segment in tablespace." Any suggestion on how to fix this?
To fix the ORA-1630 error, you'll need to change the STORAGE limits on the index. You can do this by issuing the following command:
ALTER INDEX index_name STORAGE (MAXEXTENTS 500);Now the index can allocate up to 500 extents (more than the 249).
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.