I'm having problems installing Oracle9i Enterprise on Windows XP Professional. I want to completely remove it from my computer and install it again. How to remove it from the REGEDIT? When I try to install Oracle software on it, it never goes beyond preparing to install. It just stays at the window as if it is hung.
Did you uninstall the Oracle software using the Oracle Universal Installer? When using the OUI, it will generally clean up all required registry entries for you. If you want to remove the Oracle software manually, there is a very good article on Metalink (Doc ID #124353.1) which describes in detail how to manually remove Oracle components on the Windows platform. At a high level, the steps you need to take to uninstall Oracle are as follows:
- Ensure you are logged in as a user with Administrator privileges.
- Stop all Oracle services (if any are running).
- If possible, remove the Oracle software by invoking the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) and remove the software.
- Remove the entries in the Windows registry.
- Clean up environment settings.
- If you could not use the OUI to uninstall the software, delete the software and icons at this point.
- Empty the recycle bin.
One word of caution is to be very careful editing registry entries.
Dig deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.