By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- I installed Oracle 10g and the 10.2.0.2 patchset. Software-only mode and no errors during installation. 10gR2 is the only Oracle installation in the computer.
- With Database Configuration Assistant I tried to create a database. It got to the point where it creates the scripts, runs the batch file, creates the necessary folders and stops right away with an ORA-12560.
- No services have been created, listeners or otherwise. Just a few empty directories. My login ID has been assigned to the ora_db group automatically.
- The exact same procedure worked fine on my laptop.
- If I open a command prompt window on the generated scripts directory and run the batch file created there, it starts another command prompt, as it should, and happily starts creating the database! I interrupted it since it kept asking questions now and then that I don't have the answers to.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Related Q&A from Maria Anderson
I have been trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on SUSE Linux 9.0 and got the error: "Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/...../*.mk."continue reading
I'm getting errors while installing the Database Configuration Assistant.continue reading
Can I use /var/opt/oracle/oratab to specify listener information?continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.