- I installed Oracle 10g and the 10.2.0.2 patchset. Software-only mode and no errors during installation. 10gR2 is the only Oracle installation in the computer.
- With Database Configuration Assistant I tried to create a database. It got to the point where it creates the scripts, runs the batch file, creates the necessary folders and stops right away with an ORA-12560.
- No services have been created, listeners or otherwise. Just a few empty directories. My login ID has been assigned to the ora_db group automatically.
- The exact same procedure worked fine on my laptop.
- If I open a command prompt window on the generated scripts directory and run the batch file created there, it starts another command prompt, as it should, and happily starts creating the database! I interrupted it since it kept asking questions now and then that I don't have the answers to.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Related Q&A from Maria Anderson
I'm getting errors while installing the Database Configuration Assistant.continue reading
I have been trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on SUSE Linux 9.0 and got the error: "Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/...../*.mk."continue reading
Can I use /var/opt/oracle/oratab to specify listener information?continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.