I have several questions:
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- There are some portlets that could be found on portalstudio.oracle.com and that link to Knowledge Exchange. Unfortunately we could not download these portlets from there. We registered but it seems that we do not have access to those portlets. We thought that subscribing to Knowledge Exchange was free. Can you help us in this issue?
- Is there any repository on the Web where we can find an Oracle AS compatible portlet? Our database uses UTF-8 character encoding.
- The Farsi language is not available during installation. We want to add it to the Oracle AS Portal as a new langauage. Is that possible? If it is not possible, we want to convert the Arabic lanaguage texts that are in the database to Farsi. Is there a tool that can help us?
- We connect to Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) by going to http://localhost:1810 url. There are two instances: one for infrastructure and one for middle tier named, respectively, INFRA_04.oraapp-server.kafa.com and as10g.oraapp-server.kafa.com. When clicking on as10g.oraapp-server.kafa.com we see the management page, but when clicking the as10g.oraapp-server.kafa.com, an error occurs that says, "An error was encountered while loading page." We were unable to find a target. This probably indicates a stale bookmark, or a configuration problem?
- There is a portlet named "Login Portlet" that enalbles users to log in to the portal. Is there any way that we can configure this portlet to support "forgot password" and "remember me?"
- Can you please provide information about the E-mail portlet and also about Web Clipping? I am get a "500 Internal Server Error" when loading with the Web Wizard. Web Clipping is done successfully, but I am getting this error. Can you please tell me what the problem might be?
- Nope, I don't run those sites.
- Sure, the ones you mention in item 1 are good ones to start with. Here's the Knowledge Exchange Highlights page that has quite a few interesting portlets listed: http://portalstudio.oracle.com/servlet/page?_pageid=3050&_dad=ops&_schema=OPSTUDIO&_mode=3.
- I'm not sure if you can add your own languages to Portal's built in functions. I'm sure you can store content in whatever language you like as long as your character set supports it. However, some of the built in Portal components won't be in that language if it isn't available as a language for installation. Oracle Support should be able to tell you how to add your own language if it is possible.
- It looks like you've installed both tiers on the same host. If that's the case, then you'll need to reconfigure OEM. Follow this document for the steps: http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/html/B13992_02/toc.htm#BABBGAAJ.
- You can customize the login page that SSO presents to users. This document describes what you must do to build a page and how to install it. Oracle also provides example templates that you can use and the document describes where to find those samples: http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10464_05/manage.904/b13791/custom.htm
- I don't think that's really an installation issue, and it is outside my realm of expertise. I'd submit it to the OTN forums, MetaLink forums, or open an iTAR with Oracle Support.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.