Problems transferring Oracle data after upgrade to XP
I am using Oracle E-Business Suite version 11i. Ever since my computer was recently upgraded to Windows XP, I have not been able to transfer any data (cell content) between Oracle screens using copy and paste, and nothing happens when I copy and paste data from one Oracle form field into an Excel cell (or any other document) and
vice versa. Additionally, ever since the upgrade Oracle screens will not print.
When I was in NT, all windows were compatible and data was transferable. Now my Oracle pages seem like a separate utility that my computer is not communicating with and does not respond to. What do I do?
Oracle Applications Rel 11.5.x (11i) requires that its code be run in a trusted mode and uses JInitiator to run Java applets on a desktop client. If an applet is "trusted," however, Java will extend the privileges of the applet. To indicate that an applet is trusted, it must be digitally signed using a digital certificate, so Oracle Applications requires that all Java archive files must be digitally signed.
The easiest way to remedy this requires that you have Administrator abilities on your PC. If you do not, contact your Admin and have them perform the following steps:
- Log out of Oracle Applications and close all Internet Explorer windows.
- Uninstall Oracle JInitiator 1.x.x.x.x (add/remove programs from control panel) and clear browser cache (Internet Explorer/Tools/Options).
- Log back into Applications to get the new plugin.
- It will prompt you to install the JInitiator on the PC.
- Log into the apps to download the new signed JAR files.
This was first published in November 2005