How do I partition a non-partitioned table?
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
The ALTER TABLE EXCHANGE PARTITION command can turn a table into a partition, and vice-versa. The exact implementation of this command can be found in the Oracle 9i SQL Reference Guide.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our PL/SQL, database administration and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.