What is the name of the parameter in the init.ora file that tells you how many cascading triggers you can use in an application? Is it OPEN CURSOR? OPEN TRIGGER? If not, what is the name?
I believe that the INIT.ORA parameter you seek is OPEN_CURSORS. This parameter does not limit the number of cascading triggers directly. But each open trigger has the capability to open multiple cursors. It is the total number of open cursors for that session that OPEN_CURSORS limits.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.