I am considering an Oracle DBA CBT for certification. Which version is still most widely used in the industry, and do you have a recommended provider?
You should likely be looking at an 8i certification, and there are lots of good sources for CBT available on the market for Oracle8i (and more for 9i are available every day). But, if your intention is to be presented with material specific to the OCP exams, you may find you are best served with Oracle's recommended CBT curriculum. They outline which courses are specifically related to which exams. This is not so much an endorsement for Oracle's CBT as it is an observation that if you're going to take Oracle tests, use Oracle materials from which to prepare.
You may also want to consider purchasing sample practice tests from SelfTestSoftware or the like to assist.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.