How do I get Oracle 8.1.7 tools and get them to work with Windows XP?
Oracle 8.1.7 only partially supports XP.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Oracle has only certified its client software with Windows XP and to install it a patched version of the installer is required (obtainable by entering [BUG:2445238] number in the patch number field in MetaLink).
Oracle 18.104.22.168+ Client Components Certified on Windows XP
* Net8 Client includes Net8 Configuration Assistant
* Oracle Protocol Support
* Oracle Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) Drivers
* Oracle Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) DriverFoot 1
* Oracle Provider for OLE DBFoot 1
* Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O)Foot 1
* Oracle Call Interface (OCI)
* Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server (OraMTS)Foot 1
* Pro*C/C++Foot 2
You get the tools by purchasing the Oracle database.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.