How do I get Oracle 8.1.7 tools and get them to work with Windows XP?
Oracle has only certified its client software with Windows XP and to install it a patched version of the installer is required (obtainable by entering [BUG:2445238] number in the patch number field in MetaLink).
Oracle 126.96.36.199+ Client Components Certified on Windows XP
* Net8 Client includes Net8 Configuration Assistant
* Oracle Protocol Support
* Oracle Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) Drivers
* Oracle Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) DriverFoot 1
* Oracle Provider for OLE DBFoot 1
* Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O)Foot 1
* Oracle Call Interface (OCI)
* Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server (OraMTS)Foot 1
* Pro*C/C++Foot 2
You get the tools by purchasing the Oracle database.
This was first published in October 2003