I'm sure that you meant that the archived redo logs are on the same disk volume as the SYSTEM tablespace. It is...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
impossible for them to actually be in the SYSTEM tablespace.
You can move these archived redo logs to any location you want. Just make sure that your LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST parameter is pointed to this location. If you should require recovery and these logs, you can specify the new location at that time. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about them.
Finally, keep in mind that your archived redo logs before your last backup are not needed to recover from that backup and roll forward in time. So you can remove those archived redo logs if you want.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our applications, PL/SQL, database administration and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.