- Shut down the Oracle 7 database.
- STARTUP RESTRICT the Oracle 7 database to ensure no one has access to the database.
- Perform a full export of the Oracle 7 database:
exp userid=system file=my_dump.dmp full=y
- On the new server, precreate your Oracle 10g database.
- FTP the dump file, in binary mode, to the new database server.
- On the new database, precreate any users and tablespaces that you will need.
- Import the entire dump file:
imp userid=system file=my_dump.dmp full=y
Dig deeper on Oracle database backup and recovery
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.