I want to migrate Sybase SQL Anywhere Database (Version 5.5.04) to Oracle 22.214.171.124. I want to use SQL*Loader utility...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
to import data into Oracle, so I want to know how I can get data from Sybase tables into text files. I tried the unload database utility from Sybase, but the text file does't have a field name header line, so its very confusing what order fields are being extracted. Any suggestion for this?
You are on the right track. But if you are using SQL*Loader (which is my suggestion), then you don't want to have a header as the first line in the text file. The order of the fields should be the order of the columns of the original Sybase table.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.