I want to migrate Sybase SQL Anywhere Database (Version 5.5.04) to Oracle 184.108.40.206. I want to use SQL*Loader utility...
to import data into Oracle, so I want to know how I can get data from Sybase tables into text files. I tried the unload database utility from Sybase, but the text file does't have a field name header line, so its very confusing what order fields are being extracted. Any suggestion for this?
You are on the right track. But if you are using SQL*Loader (which is my suggestion), then you don't want to have a header as the first line in the text file. The order of the fields should be the order of the columns of the original Sybase table.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.