I would like to know how to take information from one database form and embed that information into another database form and also keep a link between both databases. For example I have a form that has the demographics of people, e.g., First Name, Last Name, Address, and so on. I would like to be able to take selected information from the form in database I and make it appear in database 2 so that I can the continue in database 2 filling...
out information about that person who is in database 1. For example, for special survey forms the two databases have to stay linked so that queries can be run over both databases to get more information for reports and such. Cheers, Keith
You are looking for a foreign key to relate your two tables. Check the database documentation for how to create and manage a foreign key using your database.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Database Design Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have a Database Design tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Database Design questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Database Design guru is waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle and SQL
Related Q&A from Pat Phelan, Data Modeler
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.