I am about a year old in Oracle programming, and I find OTN exremely helpful in my learning process. I want to...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
major both in Application Development and Database Administration but find Oracle tools quite vast. For a start, can you guide me into understanding how basic DB components work and how to manipulate DLL files using PL/SQL?
Your question is pretty broad, so what I'll do is direct you back to OTN to the following two documents:
1) Oracle Concepts document - gives a good overview of how the basic DB components work.
2) Oracle Application Developer's Guide Fundamentals - gives an overview in chapter 10 of how to work with external routines in PL/SQL.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle DBA jobs, training and certification
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.