Are there known issues concerning the installation of sp2 or sp3 on Win2000 Advanced Server running Oracle 8.1.7...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
There is a known problem/bug with trying to install 8.1.7 on W2K sp 3 on a Pentium 4 where the installer just doesn't want to start up due to some problem with an incompatible JIT compiler (symcjit.dll). This can be gotten around as follows:
- Copy your CD
Oracle8i Client Release 3 (8.1.7) for Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000/NT Part #: A87675-01to your hard disk (e.g. to C:\oracle\Oraclient8.1.7)
- Rename the file
C:\oracle\Oraclient8.1.7\stage\Components\oracle.swd.jre\ 18.104.22.168\1\DataFiles\Expanded\jre\win32\bin\symcjit.dllto (e.g.) symcjit.dll.ori
- Disable "Read Only" for C:\oracle\Oraclient8.1.7\install\oraparam.ini and edit the file like this:
[Oracle] ...this original line:
JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS=-nojit -ms16m -mx32mSave the file a set "Read Only".
- Run Oracle Universal Installer
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database performance problems and tuning
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.