I have two tables names T1 and T2 like below,
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
T1 --- slNo value ---- ------ 1 A 2 NULL 3 C T2 --- slNo value ---- ------ 1 NULL 2 B 3 NULLBased on these two tables, I need a third table like the following one:
T3 -- slNo value ---- ------ 1 A 2 B 3 CSo, I need a SQL query without using any JOIN operations, nested queries or subqueries to get the third table T3.
Without using joins or subqueries, you're really limiting my choice of tools. But it can be done. Here goes:
select slNo, value from T1 where value is not null union select slNo, value from T2 where value is not null;
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the edtiors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best SQL Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.