Is it possible to import data from Excel into Access, if the headings in Excel match the fields in Access?
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Yes, it is easy to import the data from an Access table into Excel. There are slight differences in the procedure between versions of Office (95, 97, 2000, and 2002). Check the online help for step-by-step instructions for your version.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Database Design Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have a Database Design tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Database Design questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Database Design guru is waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle DBA jobs, training and certification
Related Q&A from Pat Phelan
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.