The starttype option is used as a start option when using oradim to start the database. Here is the syntax for doing this:
oradim -STARTUP -SID SID [-USRPWD user_pwd] [-STARTTYPE srvc | inst | srvc,inst] [-PFILE filename]where:
- STARTUP indicates that you are starting an instance that already exists. This is a mandatory parameter.
- SID SID is the name of the instance to start. This is a mandatory parameter.
- USERPWD user_pwd is the password.
- STARTTYPE srvc, inst indicates whether to start the service or the instance. One or both values can be specified. If it is not specified, then the registry is checked for the current setting.
- PFILE filename is the initialization parameter file to be used with this instance. Ensure that you specify the complete path name of this file, including drive letter.
For more information on using the oradim utility to administer Oracle databases, look at the Oracle9i Database Release 2 (9.2) Administrator's Guide for Windows.
This was first published in June 2006