Well, every data warehouse consulting company would like you to believe their approach is the industry standard. I strongly recommend looking into some of the best practices as recognized by the Data Warhousing Institute (TDWI). TDWI does an admirable job staying objective and impartial while seeking out the best of breed ideas and approaches. One thing you should always hear is the approach is highly interative, follows a time-boxed mentality and seeks to deliver value every 90-120 days.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Data warehousing and Business Intelligence Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an DW tip to offer your fellow administrators and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical data warehousing questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
This was first published in January 2002