We have a text dump from a tcpdump replay of a capture file that we would like to find a way to import into an...
Oracle database but need to find a way to compile or to make the open source code readable. Any help would be great. We are using a Linux version of tcpdump.
If you have a text file that you want to import into Oracle, then the best tool for the job is SQL*Loader. It is a free, very powerful utility specifically for loading text data from a flat file into the database. More information on how to use SQL*Loader can be found in the Oracle 8i Utilities Guide.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Oracle guru is waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.