We have a text dump from a tcpdump replay of a capture file that we would like to find a way to import into an...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Oracle database but need to find a way to compile or to make the open source code readable. Any help would be great. We are using a Linux version of tcpdump.
If you have a text file that you want to import into Oracle, then the best tool for the job is SQL*Loader. It is a free, very powerful utility specifically for loading text data from a flat file into the database. More information on how to use SQL*Loader can be found in the Oracle 8i Utilities Guide.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our Oracle guru is waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.