Hi Rudy, Nice site. Just like to know how I can return rows from my database that show the names in my Name column...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
that have an apostrophe in them,
ie. select * from Contacts where FamilyName like '%'%'
Obviously this statement is invalid as I don't know how to express the apostophe. Your help would be gratefully appreciated.
Assuming this is SQL/Server, you can use either single or double quotes to delimit a string, so in this case, use double quotes so that you can have a single quote as part of the string --
select * from Contacts where FamilyName like "%'%"
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail us at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Microsoft SQL Server Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- The Best SQL Web Links
- Have a SQL tip to offer your fellow DBA's and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize--submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical SQL questions--or help out your peers by answering them--in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL guru is waiting to answer your technical questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle and SQL
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.