When I tried to drop the example schemas (QS,QS_WS,QS_ES) from my Oracle9i database, I am got the message Ora-24008...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
saying that I have to drop the queue table using the dbms_aqadmn.drop_queue_table. But when I tried to remove the queue table by this method, I am got the error ORA-24002: QUEUE_TABLE QS_WS.AQ$_QS_WS_ORDERS_MQTAB_H does not exist. If I try to remove the EXAMPLE tablespace, I get the same message. So how can I remove the users? I used the scripts available in the machine to create and drop the example shemas. This is also giving the errors.
Did you simply try DROP USER QS CASCADE; or DROP TABLESPACE the_ts INCLUDING CONTENTS; ?
Either of those should work. You just need to force the drop to occur even if objects exist. Another option is to run the create scripts again and then immediately run the drop script. That way everything should be there and the drop might work properly.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.