Did you simply try DROP USER QS CASCADE; or DROP TABLESPACE the_ts INCLUDING CONTENTS; ?
Either of those should work. You just need to force the drop to occur even if objects exist. Another option is to run the create scripts again and then immediately run the drop script. That way everything should be there and the drop might work properly.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
This was first published in May 2003