Can I write scripts to back up and restore databases in Oracle 8.0.6? If yes, can I execute these scripts from...
You can certainly write backup/restore scripts! There are a ton of great sites online that can give you a headstart with lots of scripts that have already been written. How your scripts will need to be created will depend on things like whether you use a cold or hot backup method, your operating system (Windows, Unix, Linux....) and whether you use RMAN or not.
Here's a few good links for you to search:
- http://www.think-forward.com/sqltips.htm (multiple backup/recovery scripts)
- http://www.dbaclick.com/forums/archive/16/1225.html (example Windows script)
- http://www.orafaq.com/faqscrpt.htm#BRR (multiple backup/recovery scripts)
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.