Can I write scripts to back up and restore databases in Oracle 8.0.6? If yes, can I execute these scripts from...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
You can certainly write backup/restore scripts! There are a ton of great sites online that can give you a headstart with lots of scripts that have already been written. How your scripts will need to be created will depend on things like whether you use a cold or hot backup method, your operating system (Windows, Unix, Linux....) and whether you use RMAN or not.
Here's a few good links for you to search:
- http://www.think-forward.com/sqltips.htm (multiple backup/recovery scripts)
- http://www.dbaclick.com/forums/archive/16/1225.html (example Windows script)
- http://www.orafaq.com/faqscrpt.htm#BRR (multiple backup/recovery scripts)
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database backup and recovery
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.