/ [oracle@thunghiem oracle]$ tnsping test TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 184.108.40.206.0 - Production on 16-OCT-2002 07:47:50 Copyright (c) 1997 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Segmentation fault /On the contrary, when I tnsping from my PC to the server, the result is ok! Could you please guide me to the solution?
When your server crashed, it is possible that some library files or executables became corrupt. Did you run a file system check after the server was rebooted? It sounds like you might want to reinstall the Oracle software and recompile the binary executables. This should fix your segmentation fault problem.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
This was first published in October 2002