I tried your suggestion, but I got another error message as below:
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
SQL> CONNECT SYS/ORACLE@DB03 AS SYSDBA Connected. SQL> execute DBMS_LOGMNR_D.BUILD('db03dict.ora','c:oracleLM'); BEGIN DBMS_LOGMNR_D.BUILD('db03dict.ora','c:oracleLM'); END; * ERROR at line 1: ORA-06532: Subscript outside of limit ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_LOGMNR_D", line 793 ORA-06512: at line 1Please help me out.
I hate it when you solve one problem and then another comes up!!! Oh well....
This is actually a common problem. Others have experienced the same thing. This is a known bug and should have been fixed in Oracle 220.127.116.11 and higher. But you can fix this without applying a patchset. Simply peform the following:
- Navigate to the ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory.
- Load the dbmslmd.sql file into a text editor of your choice.
- Change the line:
TYPE col_desc_array IS VARRAY(513) OF col_description;to
TYPE col_desc_array IS VARRAY(700) OF col_description;
- Save the file.
- Connect as INTERNAL (or SYS) and run this script again.
- Recompile the package body DBMS_LOGMNR_D:
SQLPLUS> alter package DBMS_LOGMNR_D compile body;That should fix your problem.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.