Thanks for your reply. As per your suggestion, I have tried to sign on as sys and tried to execute. But still I...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
got the error message.
SQL> connect sys/oracle@db03 as sysdba Connected. SQL> EXECUTE DBMS_LOGMNR_D.BUILD ('db03dict.ora','c:oracleLM'); BEGIN DBMS_LOGMNR_D.BUILD ('db03dict.ora','c:oracleLM'); END; * ERROR at line 1: ORA-06532: Subscript outside of limit ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_LOGMNR_D", line 793 ORA-06512: at line 1
This time, you got a different error. So we are making progress! It sounds like your are using LogMiner on a system that has exceeded the expectations of the Oracle developers. But you can fix this.
First, locate the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmslmd.sql file. Copy it to a different file so that you can modify it. We'll call this file dbmslmd_new.sql. Find the line that looks like:
TYPE col_desc_array IS VARRAY(513) OF col_description;
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.