I'm installing Oracle 9i on AIX 5.1 (64-bit) with the lastest OS patches. But when it compiles, I get an error message in the make.log:
/usr/ccs/bin/make -f ins_net_client.mk nnfgt.o echo "Not generated for AIX64" Not generated for AIX64.
This error can mean one of three things. One, there is a 32-bit/64-bit conflict. Two, you are missing some OS patches. Or three, you are not using the correct Oracle distribution media intended for AIX 5.1.
The last one is probably the easiest to check. Make sure that your Oracle software is for this exact OS. For the first one, issue "strings pw-syscall". If the answer is not '64', then you'll need to copy and load the 64-bit pw-syscall. For the second one, refer to your platform-specific documentation and consult with your system administrator to ensure that all required patches are installed.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our PL/SQL, database administration and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.