I have to insert some data from text items into an Excel file (.xls) through the procedure spreadsheet.setcell, which linked into an OLE container field (Oracle 9i database under Windows 2000 Developing Forms 5.0 and attached library excel.pll). I tried to execute this procedure but nothing happened (Error Frm 40738 - Argument 1 to builtin EXEC_VERB cannot be null). Thanks for help.
The error indicates that you did not specify a required parameter that must be passed to spreadsheet.setcell. Look at your code and make sure that you have correctly specified the call to the procedure correctly and are using the proper arguments/parameters. For example: spreadsheet.setcell (2,2, :block.field_name);
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.