How can I delete only one field from an Oracle table, and how can I set fonts or font sizes in Oracle SQL repo...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
To drop a single column from a table, use the following syntax:
ALTER TABLE mytable DROP COLUMN thecolumn ;
Fonts and font sizes cannot be manipulated via SQL*Plus reporting since SQL*Plus output is strictly flat text only. If you are using Oracle Reports, you can set the font via the property panel for the field on the report.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle and SQL
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.