I've installed Oracle but can't get into the database because I don't know the user or the password of the system/sysadmin....
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Can you help ?
The default passwords out of the box for admin-type accounts are:
SYS - change_on_install SYSTEM - manager INTERNAL - oracle (Windows only, null for Unix)Try one of those userid/password combinations.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available here.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.