I am experiencing this problem: When I launch my frontend application and try to access a record, no data will...
display in the frame, and when I launch SQL*PLUS it will freeze. But when I launch my Oracle database, I can access the table and display the record I was trying to see in the frontend application. I have checked my alert and trace file for errors, but there is nothing. I have also stopped and started my services without much success.
Are you sure that you have your connect info set up correctly for your application and SQL*Plus? You said that when you launch your database you can access the table and display records. What do you use to do that? You need to make sure that you are using the same connect info regardless.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.