There is an excellent paper on cube partitioning strategies called "Parallelizing The Data Cube (Journal Version)"...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
from F. Dehne, T. Eavis, S. Hambrusch, A. Rau-Chaplin. See link below:
There is good paper on horizontal and vertical partitioning strategies for SQL Server written in February 1997 by Robert D. Schneider called: Horizontal and Vertical Partitioning. See link below:
Another paper provides an overview of Vertical Partitioning on Object Oriented databases. See link below:
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough data warehousing questions from Mike Lampa are available here.
- The Best Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an DW tip to offer your fellow administrators and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical data warehousing questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle data warehousing
Related Q&A from Mike Lampa
When trying to design a data warehouse, we often try to model the database on the operational data model. Are there any guidelines in trying to ...continue reading
What is a surrogate key in a table?continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.