By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Create a user for the RC. I will call that user RMAN in my example.
- Create a tablespace to hold the RC.
- Make this tablespace the default tablespace for the RMAN user.
- Grant the RECOVERY_CATALOG_OWNER role to the RMAN user.
- From RMAN, connect to the RC database:
os_prompt> rman catalog rman/pswd
- Create the RC:
rman> create catalog;
Dig Deeper on Oracle database backup and recovery
Related Q&A from Brian Peasland
Oracle expert Brian Peasland answers one reader's question about common pitfalls when connecting Oracle to outside programs.continue reading
One reader asks expert Brian Peasland a question about datafile sizes with the Oracle RMAN duplicate 10g command.continue reading
Managing parent table-child table relations in Oracle SQL environments is key to efficient programming.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.