- Create a user for the RC. I will call that user RMAN in my example.
- Create a tablespace to hold the RC.
- Make this tablespace the default tablespace for the RMAN user.
- Grant the RECOVERY_CATALOG_OWNER role to the RMAN user.
- From RMAN, connect to the RC database:
os_prompt> rman catalog rman/pswd
- Create the RC:
rman> create catalog;
Dig Deeper on Oracle database backup and recovery
Related Q&A from Brian Peasland
Oracle expert Brian Peasland answers one reader's question about common pitfalls when connecting Oracle to outside programs.continue reading
One reader asks expert Brian Peasland a question about datafile sizes with the Oracle RMAN duplicate 10g command.continue reading
Managing parent table-child table relations in Oracle SQL environments is key to efficient programming.continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.