- Install Oracle 9i on your Windows 2000/2003 server.
- Use the DBCA to precreate a database on this server.
- Precreate any users and tablespaces you'll need in this new database.
- On the old database server, use Oracle's export utility to dump the entire contents of the database:
exp userid=system file=mydb.dmp full=y
- Transfer the dump file to your new database server. If using the FTP utility, make sure your FTP is in BINARY mode.
- Use the import utility to ingest the dump file contents:
imp userid=system file=mydb.dmp full=y
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.