I have data in a table in following way:
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
Dept ==== Deptno Dname 10 aaa 20 bbb 30 ccc 40 ddd
With the help of an SQL query, I need the result in the following way:
Depno 10 20 30 40 Dname aaa bbb ccc ddd
I am using ORALCE 8.1.7 on Sun 2.0.8
The following script will pivot table t as you requested:
Create table t (Deptno integer, Dname char(5)); insert into t values (10,'aaa'); insert into t values (20,'bbb'); insert into t values (30,'ccc'); insert into t values (40,'ddd'); select max (decode (Deptno,10,to_char(Deptno),null)) as f1, max (decode (Deptno,20,to_char(Deptno),null)) as f2, max (decode (Deptno,30,to_char(Deptno),null)) as f3, max (decode (Deptno,40,to_char(Deptno),null)) as f4 from t union all select max (decode (Deptno,10,Dname,null)) as f1, max (decode (Deptno,20,Dname,null)) as f2, max (decode (Deptno,30,Dname,null)) as f3, max (decode (Deptno,40,Dname,null)) as f4 from t;
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.