How could I change the session date/time without changing server date/time?
I'm unsure why you would want to do this. The date and time is what it is. In five minutes, the date and time will just be five minutes greater. I can't change this no more than any of us can start and stop time. The server's, and therefore the session's, date and time should reflect this, the current date and time. And you can't change this.
If the session is in a different time zone, you can change the session's time zone so that it accurately reflects the difference between the server's time zone and the user's time zone. More information can be found in the Oracle 9i Globalization Support Guide.
If I did not answer your question, please be more specific in what you are trying to accomplish and I can point you in the proper direction.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our PL/SQL, database administration and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.