I want to know where to start when it comes to certification on database, or any certification. Right now I am...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
in college studying information systems. Please let me know the type of certification that will be good for my major. I really need your advice becasue right now I am in my sophomore year, and I am thinking of preparing ahead for a certification before my senior year. Thanks.
As a student, certification likely won't help you much until you get some actual experience to go along with it. Certification is most valuable as a verification of knowledge gained through experience and not so much if is achieved simply by "studying for the test".
If you really want to pursue certification anyway at this time, remember that Oracle certification requires that you attend an Oracle approved training course as part of your certification requirement. Other certifications, such as Microsoft's MCDBA for SQL Server, do not have this requirement at the present that I know of.
There are many good study guides and sample practice exams that a quick internet search should locate for you. Good luck!
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle DBA jobs, training and certification
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.