I am trying to install Oracle 9i on a Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition Server (with SP1 installed). I am following the instructions on the release notes (Release 2 (18.104.22.168.0) for Windows Server 2003 32-Bit). Step 1 calls to install Oracle 9i Database Release 2 (22.214.171.124.0) for Windows. I ended up with three directories in the hard drive:
When I execute setup.exe, nothing happens (no window comes up). When I right-click on autorun.inf, and select install, I immediately get an "Installation Failed" message. I made sure and also tried:
- I am an administrator of the server
- ran setup.exe from the command prompt
- ran setup.exe from install\win32 directory
- have enough hard-drive space
- copied the contents to a directory called D:\ORA.
Dig deeper on Oracle database installation, upgrades and patches
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.