Why can't I get the io_per_object table to populate any rows after running the Catio.sql script to capture report...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
I/O per tables?
IO_PER_OBJECT is actually a view joining two tables. One of those tables is called IO_HISTOGRAM. This table is only populated when you execute the SAMPLE_IO procedure. So you'll need to execute this procedure first. Running CATIO.SQL does not populate this table.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.