I'm currently developing an accounting application using Microsoft's Excel VBA . What I would like to know is if...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
it is possible to write a code using Visual Basic editor to query my database.
Yes, you can use VBA to query most kinds of databases.
DAO can be used to query Jet Databases (MDB files). It is a simple coding style, specifically designed to support the Jet database engine, but adequate for many desktop tasks.
Almost any ODBC compatible database can be manipulated with ADO. This opens nearly all of the client/server databases like MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough database design questions from Pat Phelan
- The Best Database Design Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your database design questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Related Q&A from Pat Phelan
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.