I want to call a Java method from a trigger. 1. I have written a trigger upon insertion of a table; it will call...
a stored procedure of Oracle. 2. I have written a stored procedure in Oracle which will call the Java method. But, it is giving the error that the class file does not exist. What do I have to do?
Can you run your Java stored procedure manually from SQL*Plus? I'd start debugging the problem there. If the Java stored proc can be run manually, then it is most likely a permissions problem. The owner of the trigger must be granted EXECUTE permissions to this Java stored proc directly, not through a role. Triggers and other stored procs cannot see permissions that are granted through a role.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.