I'm using Oracle 8.0.5... is it possible to back up files using this version with some Oracle software? I'm using...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
NT Server and ArcServe 2000, which don't allow it. I'm wondering if there is any Oracle-native software that will.
I used Veritas BackUp exe in the past to back up files from the 8.0.5 Oracle database. The software used a shutdown and startup script, and between it copied all database files to a tape. To backup a database using Oracle-native tools, you can make your own backup scripts using th BACKUP DATABASE command.
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database backup and recovery
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.