Are you aware of any customized data warehousing solution for strategic/centralized sourcing? I am actually working...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
on a strategic sourcing data warehousing solution called e-Source. It's presently in i2 Technologies's SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) suite of products. I wanted to know if there were any other data warehousing solutions catering to this segment. Lots of Fortune 500 companies use it, ranging from Kraft to Honeywell.
Webango's e-source product suite provides a data analysis function. Current clients are Cisco Systems and Eastman Chemical Company: http://www.webango.com/eSolutions/sourceselect.htm
NexPrise offers a comprehensive product for complex procurement and strategic sourcing support: http://www.nexprise.com/prosol_compro.html
Take a look at the Institute for International Research USA website. They list a series of strategic sourcing summits that look promising: http://www.iirusa.com/Sourcing/
Keenan Vision lists the following 7 companies for Strategic Sourcing. Several of them offer data analysis functionality as part of their product:
- BayBuilder Acquired by PurchasePro www.baybuilder.com
- BizAuc.com www.bizauc.com
- CommerceScout Services for strategic procurement firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emptoris, Inc. Provides stategic sourcing services; Internet Capital Group company www.emptoris.com
- FreeMarkets www.freemarkets.com
- Goodex Reverse auctions for strategic procurement sourcing; like Freemarkets www.goodex.com
- Webango Inc. Operates a network designed to facilitate strategic sourcing for large buyers www.webango.com
Dig Deeper on Oracle data warehousing
Related Q&A from Mike Lampa
When trying to design a data warehouse, we often try to model the database on the operational data model. Are there any guidelines in trying to ...continue reading
What is a surrogate key in a table?continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.