Are you aware of any customized data warehousing solution for strategic/centralized sourcing? I am actually working...
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
on a strategic sourcing data warehousing solution called e-Source. It's presently in i2 Technologies's SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) suite of products. I wanted to know if there were any other data warehousing solutions catering to this segment. Lots of Fortune 500 companies use it, ranging from Kraft to Honeywell.
Webango's e-source product suite provides a data analysis function. Current clients are Cisco Systems and Eastman Chemical Company: http://www.webango.com/eSolutions/sourceselect.htm
NexPrise offers a comprehensive product for complex procurement and strategic sourcing support: http://www.nexprise.com/prosol_compro.html
Take a look at the Institute for International Research USA website. They list a series of strategic sourcing summits that look promising: http://www.iirusa.com/Sourcing/
Keenan Vision lists the following 7 companies for Strategic Sourcing. Several of them offer data analysis functionality as part of their product:
- BayBuilder Acquired by PurchasePro www.baybuilder.com
- BizAuc.com www.bizauc.com
- CommerceScout Services for strategic procurement firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emptoris, Inc. Provides stategic sourcing services; Internet Capital Group company www.emptoris.com
- FreeMarkets www.freemarkets.com
- Goodex Reverse auctions for strategic procurement sourcing; like Freemarkets www.goodex.com
- Webango Inc. Operates a network designed to facilitate strategic sourcing for large buyers www.webango.com
Dig Deeper on Oracle data warehousing
Related Q&A from Mike Lampa
When trying to design a data warehouse, we often try to model the database on the operational data model. Are there any guidelines in trying to ...continue reading
What is a surrogate key in a table?continue reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.