A certification is always a plus but a certification without any experience doesn't help as much. Your MS SQL Server...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
experience should count for something and can point a prospective employer towards your ability to be successful in a DBA role.
Yes, it can be hard to find a Jr. DBA position, particularly if you aren't willing or able to move to where a job might be. Keep a look out at online job search companies (Dice, Monster, etc) as well as Oracle's site etc. Check Google or other search engine for "Oracle jobs".
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle DBA jobs, training and certification
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.