A certification is always a plus but a certification without any experience doesn't help as much. Your MS SQL Server experience should count for something and can point a prospective employer towards your ability to be successful in a DBA role.
Yes, it can be hard to find a Jr. DBA position, particularly if you aren't willing or able to move to where a job might be. Keep a look out at online job search companies (Dice, Monster, etc) as well as Oracle's site etc. Check Google or other search engine for "Oracle jobs".
For More Information
- What do you think about this answer? E-mail the editors at editor@searchDatabase.com with your feedback.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig deeper on Oracle DBA jobs, training and certification
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.