I have an application written in Developer 6i, and I want to add an interface to the forms (like Visual Basic) without rewriting the forms all over again. How can I do it?
I think you're asking if you can write something in VB (or similar) which will call the app written in Forms 6i as if the Forms 6i app was written in VB. Since Forms apps require the Forms Runtime to run, I don't know how you could do it except to have the VB front-end be able to start the Forms app (C:\oracle\ora\BIN\ifrun60.EXE myform.fmx). But that would still be running the Forms app and wouldn't allow any "control" from the VB app.
If you want the VB app to control the functionality and access mechanisms, you'll have to rewrite it as far as I know.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Karen Morton are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.