What is the difference between the Oracle8i DBA certification and the 9i certification? Why does 9i require the fundamentals exams parts 1 and 2?
The biggest difference between the cerfitication exams is that Oracle 9i cert exams require all of the information that 8i requires, plus all of the new features that 9i brings to the table. The 8i and 9i exam structure are similar. You can just take all of the 9i exams, or you can take all of the 8i exams and then take one upgrade exam.
For More Information
- Dozens more answers to tough Oracle questions from Brian Peasland are available.
- The Best Oracle Web Links: tips, tutorials, scripts, and more.
- Have an Oracle or SQL tip to offer your fellow DBAs and developers? The best tips submitted will receive a cool prize. Submit your tip today!
- Ask your technical Oracle and SQL questions -- or help out your peers by answering them -- in our live discussion forums.
- Ask the Experts yourself: Our SQL, database design, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, metadata, object-oriented and data warehousing gurus are waiting to answer your toughest questions.
Dig Deeper on Oracle database design and architecture
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.